10 Purium Favorites
10 Purium Favorites for New Mothers
Becoming a new mother is exciting, yet also scary. On one hand, you have the beautiful opportunity to raise another human being who is totally dependent on you. On the the other hand, you’re raising another human being who is totally dependent on you.
Deep breaths! Don’t worry, you can totally do this. We have faith in you. We also recognize that the process can be a bit challenging. So, we’re making it a little easier.
Here are our top 10 Purium Products for new mothers. Some of our favorites for moms also happen to be our favorites in general. But we explain why these are specifically beneficial for new moms in particular.
If you would rather watch a Zoom about this topic, scroll down for the link.
Please remember to refer to your doctor or healthcare professional when possible.
Purium for Moms Who Are Still Breastfeeding
This list includes products that are safe during breastfeeding. We will also list products that should be avoided until after breastfeeding.
Breast milk contains lauric acid, a powerful substance that helps encourage the body’s immune system far beyond childhood. Its beauty and power lay in its nutritional value, boasting highly-digestible omega-3s, omega-9s, and carbohydrates.
What’s more lauric acid cannot be found on its own naturally. Breast milk is one of the potent sources.
So, in terms of nutritional support, you’ll want a range of whole foods and products that work with you.
Looking for the easiest way to up-level your nutrition (and cleanse safely) while breastfeeding? Look no further than the Daily Core 4. Daily Core 4 supports daily nutrition on a cellular level:
- Biome Medic – Gut Health & Glyphosate Solution
- Power Shake – Greens for detoxing and alkalzing
- Apothe-Cherry – Tart cherries for antioxidants & sleep support
- Super Amino 23 – Vegan protein and energy support
Learn more about these products by scrolling!
Microbiome health is vitally important. That makes Biome Medic important! After it all, it is considered our second brain. Gut health becomes doubly important for mothers who consumed antibiotics. Antibiotics may help subside specific symptoms, however, they can throw off your gut bacteria. (1)
In addition, prebiotics and probiotics can help new mothers stay regular. After pregnancy, birth and breastfeeding, a mother’s digestive system may be affected by stress and more. Healthy bacteria can re-balance and provide comfort.
Biome Medic’s syngerstically-combined ingredients help bind to toxins to help release them through the body.
Tip from Purium Co-Founder Dave Sandoval and Million Mom Movement Chair Stephanie Dawn: Breastfeeding mommas can use 1 Biome Medic every day instead of 2. Always listen to your body.
Here are some specific reasons why we love it:
- Key nutrients from greens like wheatgrass and spirulina
- Beta carotene from carrots
- Provides vital nutrition quickly for busy moms
Apothe-Cherry earned its spot on our list due to the wonders of tart cherry. Tart cherry helps provide melatonin, which can help support deep sleep. As a mom, every minute of shut-eye counts! But don’t worry, you went be so knocked out that you miss out on hearing your baby.
With more sleep, new moms may enjoy less stress too. So, that’s an added bonus.
In addition to its sleep-encouraging phytochemical, tart cherries also support the body’s response to inflammation. (2) This means that it may help reduce redness in the face or other parts of the body. You can thank its high ORAC count and the ability to fight free radicals.
Tip: Mix Apothe-Cherry with BioFruit for a fruit punch that tastes great and packs ingredients that may support your body’s response to urinary tract infections.
Athletes often use this pre-digested 100% vegetarian protein, so why would we be recommending Super Amino 23 for moms? With breast-feeding and taking care of child, moms may be lacking a source of protein. Super Amino 23 packs a whole ton!
Plus, the free crystalline amino acids absorb rapidly in the bloodstream and may help boost recovery, muscle strength and more. Super mom, much? Finally, they may help tone up body tissue and fat for those moms looking for that. But hey, we love you regardless. Nutrition matters most!
Lots of mother have reported that Super Amino 23 has helped transform their energy levels, alleviating the need for coffee. Million Mom Movement Chair Stephanie Dawn calls our aminos her “Mommy Magic Pills.”
Tip: Purium Co-Owner Dave Sandoval recommends pairing Super Amino 23 with Super Xanthin for the “Athlete’s Advantage.” The products work in harmony to support your body’s production of adenosine triphosphate, helping to provide energy at the cellular level.
With that being said, green barley juice is one of the most important products we love for new moms. As a cereal grass, it helps provide pH-balancing greens and natural cellular cleansing. Greens are good for you–what’s new, right?
Well, what’ one thing many don’t know? Naturopaths and other cultures recommend this juice specifically for breastfeeding moms (3). Why? It is said that the green helps milk flow and supply.
We’ve explained why we love rice bran solubles here. Its benefits extend to new moms as well. This nutrient-rich bran can help promote healthy cholesterol levels and cardiovascular health.
But we like to recommend it because of sweet cravings and possible sickness. New moms may feel a little nauseous at times and may not want to down a glass of green juice. We totally understand! Rice Bran Solubles comes to the rescue by providing a nut buttery taste that supports healthy blood glucose. Anyone up for a smoothie?
So, all of our products can be beneficial for moms. But some should be avoided during breastfeeding. Because of ingredients like senna leaf, wormwood, ginseng and flax seed, these products should be avoided until after breastfeeding is over. In addition, some products may induce a detox-like effect on the mother, which can prove to be harmful during this time.
Always consult with your health professional if you have concerns.
Here is our list:
- Super CleansR
- Daily Fiber
- Fulvic Zeolite
- White American Ginseng
- 40x Concentrate Aloe
- Aloe Digest
- Bio Regen (due to aloe vera)
- Bio Relax
- Can’t Beet This!
- Super Life Formula
- Control Spray/capsules
- Chlorella (it can be safe and effective, but it’s best to use on your own discretion or with advice from your health professional)
- Bee Energetic
- Super Xanthin
- Super Meal LOV
Purium for Moms Who Are Not Breastfeeding Anymore
Once breastfeeding is over, we highly recommend adding these products to your daily nutritional regimen.
CBD can help support wellness in many ways, from stress relief to improved sleep. Coincidentally, these two factors are super important for new moms. But what about breastfeeding moms who deal with these factors too?
We actually do know of moms who consume this and experience no negative consequences to her or baby. However, we understand that might make others uncomfortable. After all, studies are still scarce. While we recommend it for use after breastfeeding, it’s up to you if you’re going to use it during the process.
New moms need energy and Can’t Beet This! delivers. Beets offer nitrates and other necessary nutrients that supply sustainable energy without the use of caffeine and sugar. Plus, the vegetable helps encourage iron and oxygenation. (5)
This particular formula may not be safe for breastfeeding, so it is best to wait until afterward. However, we do recommend consuming beet juice through the whole food.
Stress and other factors can lead new moms to upset stomachs and similar symptoms. Polysaccharide-rich aloe vera may come in handy during these times. Aloe vera helps support healthy immune function and nutrient absorption, so new moms could function at their best every day. So, that’s why we recommend Aloe Digest.
Plus, probiotics and digestive enzymes help the stomach process foods, promoting healthy digestion. Aloe Digest is also the perfect alternative for moms who wish for a “gluten-free” version of Biome Medic.
Just like parenting methods, nutrition is not necessarily uniform for every mother. Many may enjoy one product while others do not. Find a path that works for you.
Have any suggestions? We’d love to hear them!
To hear more tips about using Purium product while breastfeeding, watch this Zoom hosted by Purium Co-Owner Dave Sandoval and Million Mom Movement Chair Stephanie Dawn.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- Dudek-Wicher, Ruth K et al. “The influence of antibiotics and dietary components on gut microbiota.” Przeglad gastroenterologiczny vol. 13,2 (2018): 85-92. doi:10.5114/pg.2018.76005
- Bowtell JL, Sumners DP, Dyer A, Fox P, Mileva KN. Montmorency tart cherry juice reduces muscle damage caused by intensive strength exercise. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise. 2011;43:1544-1551.
- Winterfeld U, Meyer Y, Panchaud A, Einarson A. Management of deficient lactation in Switzerland and Canada: A survey of midwives’ current practices. Breastfeed Med. 2012;7:317-8. PMID: 22224508
- Lin, Tzu-Kai et al. “Anti-Inflammatory and Skin Barrier Repair Effects of Topical Application of Some Plant Oils.” International journal of molecular sciences vol. 19,1 70. 27 Dec. 2017, doi:10.3390/ijms19010070
- Webb, Andrew J et al. “Acute blood pressure lowering, vasoprotective, and antiplatelet properties of dietary nitrate via bioconversion to nitrite.” Hypertension (Dallas, Tex. : 1979) vol. 51,3 (2008): 784-90. doi:10.1161/HYPERTENSIONAHA.107.103523
Nutrition for New Mothers
“All moms are heroes.” – Purium Co-Owner Dave Sandoval
One of the number one questions we at Purium receive is how our products can be used to prepare for pregnancy. Today, we’re recapping tips and tricks straight from Purium Co-Owner Dave Sandoval. Just last year, Dave and Annie celebrated the birth of their new baby girl. These tips and tricks were the very same techniques Annie used to prepare for her own pregnancy. So, without further ado, let’s get into it! (Zoom replay link below if you would rather watch).
NOTE: We are not medical professionals. Please consult with the appropriate professionals for medical questions. If you do not agree with these tips, you can adapt to your own beliefs and traditions.
Tips for New Mothers
How can new mothers incorporate Purium nutrition in their lifestyle? Well, it depends on the stage of pregnancy they are currently experiencing. Here’s an easy breakdown.
Pre-pregnancy refers to time before pregnancy – this may include the time when you are discussing the process of having a child with a partner. While this time can be vital for the nutrition of you and future baby, it’s not the end of the world if you did not have time to prepare.
- Stay away from anything non-organic as it may have glyphosate. This toxin can be detrimental to your health and baby’s health.
- Refrain from eating trans fats and anything with artificial ingredients.
- 60 to 90 days before pregnancy, complete a ULT to help nourish and detoxify the body.
- Add 1 extra Super CleansR to create a Parasite Cleanse
- To turn a ULT into a Parasite Cleanse: Use the first Super CleansR packet as instructed in the ULT Schedule. 20 days after that, start using the 2nd packet of Super CleansR to help rid parasite eggs from the body. Click this helpful handout for more information.
- Be sure to add in flex foods for essential calories and nutrients.
- Help detox heavy metals like lead and mercury from the body with chlorella.
- Chlorella contains CGF (chlorella growth factor), which helps regulate cell growth and stops cell mutation.
- Fulvic acid and zeolite help bind to heavy metals and detox them from the body.
- For men: Support fertility with Super Life
- For women: Support fertility with White American Ginseng
After conception of the baby, another road looms ahead. Here are the products that Dave recommends.
- Instead of the ULT, you can start using the Daily Core 4, featuring 4 essential products for baseline nutrition.
- Daily Core 4 contains healthy fats in the Power Shake, which are essential at this time.
- Apothe-Cherry can help support healthy sleeping habits, which is much needed.
Can’t Beet the Power of L.O.V.
- Dave recommends mixing Can’t Beet This!, Power Shake and Super Meal L.O.V. to create Can’t Beet the Power of L.O.V. This energizing mix packs essential nutrients to help nourish you and baby during this time.
- If you feel comfortable, you may use CBD+ to help manage stress levels and keep a calm mood.
During this time, stop using Super Meal L.O.V. and Can’t Beet This! Instead, you can switch up the routine as follows.
- Continue using Daily Core 4 to main your nutritional baseline.
- In particular, Daily Core 4 will can help regulate digestion during this time.
- Super Aminos will help as your body continues to stretch during pregnancy.
- Continue chlorella.
- As your digestion may be affected during this trimester, Daily Fiber may help regulate.
- Pair Daily Fiber with Apothe-Cherry for a great tasting snack.
- Back off of sugar during this time and instead, sip on some Bio-Fruit, containing a bountiful supply of fruits.
- Mix Apothe-Cherry with Bio-Fruit for a fruit punch with benefits.
- Begin using coconut oil on critical areas of your body (such as the belly and sensitive areas) to prepare for the 3rd trimester.
- Power Shake will be especially helpful during this time, as it helps supply folate.
- You can use extra Super Amino 23 to help as your body stretches.
- Continue Bio Fruit if you would like.
- Chlorella will continue to help as well.
- Spirulina is nature’s multi-vitamin, and can help supply your body with essential nutrients, vitamins and more. Instead of taking multiple vitamins, use spirulina.
- During this time, your digestive tract may have issues separating proteins, fats and carbohydrates.
- C From Nature contains ingredients that may with this issue.
After pregnancy, Dave recommends adding Barley Green Juice & Tropic Oil to your diet to help support breast milk production.
Here are some extra tips from Dave for all stages of pregnancy.
- Stay away from electromagnetic frequencies as much as possible.
- Take some time to nurture your mental health for both your sake and the health of your future baby. Emotions can affect hormone production.
- Watch consumption of alcohol and sugary foods.
- Monitor use of herbs. You don’t want to use too many as some may have contraindications.
- If it is possible for you, consider asking for the help of a mid-wife.